Hi Friends! It’s been a while since I’ve had any updates for you guys, but now that 1.0.4 has dropped, I’m in the process of revamping my Inferno guide. The good news is that the build I’m playing with now is pretty close to the current build.
I’m going to go into super boring detail in another post, but I wanted to share this preview and let all of you know that CYDAEA IS KILLABLE AGAIN! Cydaea was significantly buffed in 1.0.3, but due to some recent buffs she’s now very killable.
Patch 1.0.4 Solo Inferno build preview – http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fZdhXV!ZTY!bZccZb
I haven’t finalized this build yet, but it’s basically the same as my 1.0.3 build with 2 modifications:
- Vault with Trail of Cinders – 1500% weapon damage over 1.5 seconds. This. Is. O. P.
- Impale with Chemical Burn – Impale was buffed from 250% to 265% weapon damage, and Chemical Burn was buffed form 125% to 220% weapon damage over 2 seconds.
Cydaea consits of 2 phases:
Phase 1: Main Phase
- In this phase, which she starts out in, Cydaea runs around the room and has 3 abilities.
- Venom Spray – She shoots bolts of poison in a 30 degree arc aimed at the player. This does little damage, and you can tank it or Smoke Screen it.
- Web Shot – this is a snare that affects the character for about 2-3 seconds. We can counter this with Smoke Screen or Vault.
- Spawn Adds – she spawns a pool that produces 4 small spider adds, each with approximately 80k health. Try to position yourself to hit Cydaea and the adds when you’re DPSing. Use Spike Traps to clear them, and don’t get too close, they hurt! At ~37k health with about 200 resist all, I can survive about 1 hit from an add.
Phase 2: Add Phase
- Cydaea goes into the ceiling and begins to spawn pools of adds similar to phase 1. The pools are normally close to where your character is, so it’s important to keep kiting. She spawns about 6 pools for a total of 24 adds.
This fight was a DPS check, as the challenge was how to manage the adds and still DPS Cydaea after the first Phase 2. Fortunately, we don’t need to worry about this now as you should be able to kill her in the initial Phase 1!
When the fight begins, drop Spike Traps and dump all of your hatred in Impales on her. She’ll run around for a bit until stopping to start casting her Venom Spray. When she does, VAULT over her! The damage from Trail of Cinders will melt her face! In the video above, I take her out in about 30 seconds and it’s not a very clean kill. I’m sure I could do it faster, but I wanted to show you guys just how easy it is with less than perfect play.
The great thing about this is that my gear is pretty average. I’m using a 1k 2 Hand bow, have about 2k Agility, and my DPS is ~90k with SS and about ~40k without. Even with lower stats, you should be able to kill her using Trail. Give it a try and let me know!
Important: Many of the strategies and tips I share here were originally inspired by the people at the Diablo 3 Gold Secrets Forum. If you're serious about making the big bucks in Diablo 3, or just being the best players, you need to signup ASAP.